The Buffalo PRCA Championship Rodeo Committee will be awarding two $500 Scholarships to a graduating high school senior or post-secondary student this year. All applicants must meet the qualifications and applications will be reviewed by the rodeo committee.
The applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- Applicants should be a resident of the one of the following school districts: Buffalo-Hanover-Montrose, Delano, Maple Lake, Elk River, Monticello, Big Lake, Rockford Dassel – Cokato, Watertown- Mayer, Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted, or St. Michael-Albertville.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average.
- Transcript must be included with application for application to be considered.
- Applicants must have intent to pursue schooling at a Post-Secondary Institution such as a university, college, or vocational institution.
- Applicants should have an appreciation of agriculture and western heritage.
Each applicant is asked to fill out the attached application, submit a transcript and write a 500 word essay using the prompt below:
“Please describe what western heritage means to you and how your own western heritage has affected your life today.”
Applications are due on or before April 30, 2019. Applications, essays and transcripts should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org;
The scholarship will be awarded during the Saturday Night performance of the Buffalo PRCA Championship Rodeo, June 22, 2019. Winner(s) will be notified ahead of time and receive complimentary tickets for that night’s performance. The winner’s scholarship check will be written to the post-secondary institution of their choice to assist in furthering their education during the Fall 2019 semester. For more information, please contact Mark Jerde at 612-490-4344
The Buffalo PRCA Championship Rodeo Committee is excited to announce they will be awarding two (2) $500 scholarships.Scholarship to a graduating high school senior this year!
To apply for the scholarship the form is available in a PDF format. Use the button below to print the form. Please fill out the application and submit to email@example.com